MISSION ROAD NEWSLETTER – Monday, August 15, 2022
Here is the order of information:
I. This week
II. Coming soon
III. Congregation link
IV. Tithes & offering
I. THIS WEEK
· TUESDAY Taco Tuesday at 12:45 P.M.Please advise Kenne or Roxann know if you are planning to join us at Salty Iguana this week.
· WEDNESDAY Prayer Circle at 7:00 pm on Zoom.
· THURSDAY All Good Books group will meet on Thursday, August 18, 2022, at 7:00 PM to discuss "The Duchess" by Wendy Holden. The meeting will be held in the Church Library, Community of Christ (7842 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS). Eloise Snider will facilitate the discussion and all are welcome.
· QUARTER 4 – Availability Sheets are on the table in the Narthex. Please return yours by Sunday, August 21.
· 8:30 a.m. – COFFEE & TREATS
· 9:15 a.m. – ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL. with the study of a new book: “A Way of Life: Understanding Our Christian Faith” by Anthony J. Chavala-Smith. We hope you will join us in person or on Zoom
· 9:30 a.m. – CHILDREN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL
· 10:30 a.m. – WORSHIP SERVICE – “Listen for the Prophetic Call” Worship Planner Debbie Rushfelt, Presider Jennifer Liber, Speaker Jerry Rushfelt, Assistants: Allie Libeer, Debbie Rushfelt, Jonathan Bacon, PowerPoint Jonathan Bacon, Keyboard Dorothy May, Worship Center Caryn Brown, AV Desk Roxann Kosmicki, and Co-Host Brian Libeer
MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR STERLING KASPER – 2:00 p.m. in the Sanctuary and on Zoom.
II. COMING SOON
· ***NEW VISTING TEAM*** In effort to expand our ministry, we are starting a Friendly Visiting Team. Each two-person team will visit those who want to share friendship outside of Sunday mornings. Please let Karen Birkby or Kenne Kuttler know if you would like to visit, if you have someone in mind who would like a visit, or if you want to be visited.
· SEWING GROUP will meet on Monday August 22.
· NEXT SUNDAY, AUGUST 28 – “Humble Yourself” Worship Planner Karen Birkby, Presider Robin Payne, Speaker Kennetha Kuttler, Assistants: Joyce Meredith, Karen Birkby, Guy Queen PowerPoint Caryn Brown, Keyboard Dorothy May, Worship Center Caryn Brown, AV Desk Roxann Kosmicki, and Co-Host Jane Landrum
· FUN AT THE MILLARDS – Sunday, August 28th at 5 p.m.
· CELEBRATION OF LIFE FOR MAX WOODERSON – September 18th at Pleasant Valley Baptist Church, 1600 Rte. 291, Liberty, MO Tentative time, 5 p.m.
III. IMPORTANT CONGREGATIONAL LINKS AND CONTACTS
· Send Sunday’s Order of Worship and general church business to Roxann at rkmissionrd007
· Send prayer requests and other church business to Kenne at missionroadcc
· Send financial business to Mary Reichenbach at mrcoccfo
· Church Phone number is 913-890-3460. Calls are forwarded to Kenne via Google Voice
· All Good Books discussion group website at https://allbooksclub.wordpress.com/
· Social media sites: Visit and "like" each of these sites to keep updated on news
· Congregational (public) website at www.mission-road.org
· Facebook Page (public) at https://www.facebook.com/MissionRoad.CoC
IV. TITHES AND OFFERINGS
Mary Reichenbach, the Congregation’s Financial Officer suggests the following options to continue your regular contributions:
· Mail to the church at 7842 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS 66208
· Mail directly to Mary’s home
· Sign up for eTithing at https://www.cofchrist.org/etithing using these steps:
1. Select the United States link and then scroll down to Mission Road Community of Christ.
2. Click ’sign up’ in the upper right-hand corner to create your account or ’sign in’ if you have already set up your account.
3. Select one-time contribution or continuing contribution.
Contact Mary if you have additional questions about electronic contributions