MISSION ROAD WEEKLY NEWSLETTER – MONDAY, January 10, 2022
WEDNESDAY 7:00 p.m. – PRAYER MEETING ON ZOOM
SATURDAY 10-12 a.m. – CACH FOOD PANTRY COLLECTION DAY
SUNDAY 9:15 a.m. – ADULT CLASS ON ZOOM, Dennis Wood Chapter 2, “St. Paul vs St. Peter: A Tale of Two Missions”
SUNDAY 9:30 a.m. – BAPTISMAL CLASS ON ZOOM with Debbie, Contact Roxann for the Zoom address
SUNDAY 9:30 a.m. – CHILDREN’S CLASS ON ZOOM with Robin, Contact Roxann for the Zoom address
SUNDAY 10:30 a.m. – WORSHIP ON ZOOM
WORSHIP THIS SUNDAY – 10:30 a.m. January 16, 2022 on Zoom, Theme: “A Sign of Things to Come-Racial Justice Day”
- Planner: Roxann Kosmicki (check with Sharon Wood to confirm copyright laws)
- Presider: Jane Landrum
- Speaker: John O’Neal
- Assistants: Jerry Rushfelt, Arlene Leonard and Steve Holben
- PowerPoint & Zoom Host: Brian Libeer (email copy to Roxann)
- Co-Host: Kenne Kuttler
WORSHIP NEXT SUNDAY – 10:30 a.m. January 23, 2022 on Zoom, Theme: “A Call to Ministry”
- Planner: Dorothy May (check with Sharon Wood to confirm copyright laws)
- Presider: Dorothy May
- Speaker: Brian Libeer
- Assistants: Arlene Leonard, Jeremy Baptist
- PowerPoint & Zoom Host: Paul Bennetts (email copy to Roxann)
- Co-Host: Kenne Kuttler
IMPORTANT CONGREGATIONAL LINKS AND CONTACTS
1. Send Sunday’s Order of Worship and general church business to Roxann at rkmissionroad007.
2. Send prayer requests and other church business to Kenne at missionroadcc
3. Send financial business to Mary Reichenbach at mrcoccfo
4. Church Phone number is 913-890-3460. Calls are forwarded to Kenne via Google Voice
5. All Good Books discussion group website at https://allbooksclub.wordpress.com/
6. Social media sites: Visit and "like" each of these sites to keep updated on news
1. Congregational (public) website at www.mission-road.org
2. Facebook Page (public) at https://www.facebook.com/MissionRoad.CoC
DIRECTORY CHANGES AND CORRECTIONS
Roxann is working on the directory. Please give her updates.
Please know that any member of the congregation can post prayer requests or share information about members, and events on the Mission Road Members Only Facebook page. You do not need to send the information for approval to anyone. In fact, doing so may slow down the dissemination of your request.
Be sure to include the person needing prayers and what situation has occurred (if you wish to share that information). If your post concerns an event or news item, be sure to include the basics in your posting (such as who, what, where and when).
For prayer requests, if you do not have access to Facebook, then please call Karen Birkby our Congregational Pastoral Care Coordinator or email Kennetha Kuttler at missionroadcc.
TITHES AND OFFERINGS
Mary Reichenbach, the Congregation’s Financial Officer suggests the following options to continue your regular contributions:
- mail to the church at 7842 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS 66208
- sign up for eTithing on the World Church website https://www.cofchrist.org/etithing
- select the United States link and then scroll down to Mission Road Community of Christ.
- Click ’sign up’ in the upper right-hand corner to create your account or ’sign in’ if you have already set up your account.
- Select one-time contribution or continuing contribution.
- Most of the contribution options on our tithing envelopes are available choices
- Contact Mary if you have additional questions about electronic contributions
Mission Road Community of Christ
7842 Mission Road
Prairie Village, KS 66208