MISSION ROAD NEWSLETTER – Monday, September 12th, 2022
Here is the order of information:
I. This week
II. Coming soon
III. Congregation link
IV. Tithes & offering
I. THIS WEEK
· Bells rehearsal at 7:00 pm 9/12/2022 and the following Monday 9/19/2022 at the same time.
· Taco Tuesday at 11:45 P.M.Please advise Kenne or Roxann if you are planning to join us at Salty Iguana this week.
· Choir rehearsals at Mission Road this Wednesday, September 14th, 2022, at 6:15 p.m.
· Prayer Circle at 7:30 pm will be in person and on Zoom.
· 8:30 a.m. – COFFEE & TREATS
· 9:15 a.m. – ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL. with the study of a new book: “A Way of Life: Understanding Our Christian Faith” by Anthony J. Chavala-Smith. We hope you will join us in person or on Zoom. Chapter 9: Humankind: The Broken Mirror taught by Jane Landrum
· 9:30 a.m. – CHILDREN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL
· 10:30 a.m. – WORSHIP SERVICE – September 18th– “Practice Faithful Stewardship” Worship Planner Dorothy May, Presider Dorothy May, Speaker Debbie Rushfelt, Assistants: Larry Birkby, Susan Clark, Pennie Bunkers, Keyboard Dorothy May, Worship Center Pennie Bunkers, PowerPoint Jonathan Bacon, AV Desk Roxann Kosmicki & Kennetha Kuttler, and Zoom Co-Host Scott Wells.
REMEMBER WHEN: We had some fabulous Halloween parties such as at the Ballantynes? When no one knew who the little old man and woman – dressed in night clothes-were?
II. COMING SOON
· ***NEW VISTING TEAM*** In an effort to expand our ministry, we are starting a Friendly Visiting Team. Each two-person team will visit those who want to share friendship outside of Sunday mornings. Please let Karen Birkby or Kenne Kuttler know if you would like to visit, if you have someone in mind who would like a visit, or if you want to be visited.
· If you signed up to be on the visiting team, check your email for more details.
· ***New date October 20th – All Good Books group will meet on Thursday, October 20th, 2022, at 7:00 PM to discuss "Last Boat Out of Shanghai" by Helen Zia. The meeting will be held in the Church Library, Community of Christ (7842 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS)
· CELEBRATION OF LIFE FOR MAX WOODERSON – September 18that Pleasant Valley Baptist Church, 1600 Rte. 291, Liberty, MO Tentative time, 5 p.m.
· SEWING GROUP will meet on September 20th from 9am – 12.
· NEXT SUNDAY, September 25th– “A Word of Hope” Worship Planner Caryn Brown, Presider Caryn Brown, Speaker Brian Libeer, Assistants: Jim Needham, Kimbell Allen, Julie Canterbury, Keyboard Piano Team, Music Bells, Worship Center Arlene Leonard, PowerPoint Brian Libeer, AV Desk Roxann Kosmicki & Kennetha Kuttler, and Zoom Co-Host Caryn Brown
· World Conference Delegate Applications
World Conference: April 21 – 29, 2023
Mission Center Conference: October 16, 2022
The Midlands Mission Center has been allocated 67 delegates for World Conference. We will vote
on these delegates at the Mission Center Conference.
Applications must be submitted by October 9th, 2022.
If you have any questions or are unable to apply online, please reach out to Kat Hnatyshyn.
· November 20th, we will be having a Mission Road congregation Business Meeting.
III. IMPORTANT CONGREGATIONAL LINKS AND CONTACTS
· Send Sunday’s Order of Worship and general church business to Roxann at rkmissionrd007
· Send prayer requests and other church business to Kenne at missionroadcc
· Send financial business to Mary Reichenbach at mrcoccfo
· Church Phone number is 913-890-3460. Calls are forwarded to Kenne via Google Voice
· All Good Books discussion group website at https://allbooksclub.wordpress.com/
· Social media sites: Visit and "like" each of these sites to keep updated on news
Congregational (public) website at www.mission-road.org
· Facebook Page (public) at https://www.facebook.com/MissionRoad.CoC
IV. TITHES AND OFFERINGS
Mary Reichenbach, the Congregation’s Financial Officer suggests the following options to continue your regular contributions:
· Mail to the church at 7842 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS 66208
· Mail directly to Mary’s home
· Sign up for eTithing at https://www.cofchrist.org/etithing using these steps:
1. Select the United States link and then scroll down to Mission Road Community of Christ.
2. Click ’sign up’ in the upper right-hand corner to create your account or ’sign in’ if you have already set up your account.
3. Select one-time contribution or continuing contribution.
Contact Mary if you have additional questions about electronic contributions