Here is the order of information:
I. This week
II. Coming soon
III. Congregation links
IV. Tithes & offering
I. THIS WEEK
· Monday November 21th ***No*** Bell Practice
· Taco Tuesday for Lunch. Contact Kennetha if you are able to go.
· ***NO***Saints’ Chorale rehearsals today.
· ***NO***Prayer Circle
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! Thank you all for Blessing one another with kindness and friendship. I am grateful for the food and fellowship on 11/20/22, the smiles, jokes, and the work we all do together. Blessings to you and your families! 🙂
· Saturday November 26th at 9 am come help Decorate the Church for Christmas!!
******Food Pantry Donations will resume on December 3rd.
****The beginning of the Hat & Glove Tree (tags for Center of Hope)–Items due December 11th!!
November 27th- “Promise of Peace” (First Advent)
Worship Planner Ron Millard, Presider Ron Millard, Guest Speaker Anthony Chvala-Smith, Assistants: Mary Reichenbach, Debbie Rushfelt, Jerry Rushfelt, Keyboard Ryan Ballantyne, Worship Center Caryn Brown, PowerPoint Caryn Brown, AV Desk Roxann Kosmicki & Caryn Brown, and Zoom Co-Host Kennetha Kuttler
******Visit from the Author of “A Way of Life: Understanding Our Christian Faith” by Anthony J. Chvala-Smith for the Adult Sunday School Class.
the transition to the new book “The Difficult Words of Jesus” by Amy-Jill Levine that will start December 4th. A limited number are currently available, including tax and shipping the cost will be $14.00 per copy. You can add a line to your offertory envelope designating it to cover the cost of the class book.
II. COMING SOON
MONDAY November 28th
· Mission Bells Practice from 7-8:30 pm
· Taco Tuesday. Contact Kennetha if you are able to go.
· Saints’ Chorale Rehearsal on November 30th at 6:15 pm
· Prayer Circle at 7:30 pm on Zoom or in person.
· NEXT SUNDAY, December 4th- “Filled with Hope” (Second Advent)
Worship Planner Larry Birkby, Presider Larry Birkby, Speaker Ron Millard, Assistants: April Ballantyne, Lee Leonard, Bob Andes Servers: Debbie and Jerry Rushfelt, Caryn Brown, Jane Landrum, Keyboard Dorothy May, Worship Deacons, PowerPoint Ryan Ballantyne, AV Desk Roxann Kosmicki & Ryan Ballantyne, and Zoom Co-Host Jonathan Bacon
· December 5 from 6:30 to 8:30 pm – Sewing for Charity
· Center of Hope Christmas Meal will be Friday, December 23rd, Food list on Narthex Table.
· No Sunday School Class on December 25th.
· World Conference will be April 21 – 29, 2023
III. IMPORTANT CONGREGATIONAL LINKS AND CONTACTS
· Send Sunday’s Order of Worship and general church business to Roxann at: rkmissionrd007
· Send prayer requests and other church business to Kenne at: missionroadcc
· Send financial business to Mary Reichenbach at: mrcoccfo
· Church Phone number is 913-890-3460. Calls are forwarded to Kenne via Google Voice
· All Good Books discussion group website at: https://allbooksclub.wordpress.com/
· Social media sites: Visit and "like" each of these sites to keep updated on news
· Congregational (public) website at: www.mission-road.org
· Facebook Page (public) at: https://www.facebook.com/MissionRoad.CoC
IV. TITHES AND OFFERINGS
Mary Reichenbach, the Congregation’s Financial Officer suggests the following options to continue your regular contributions:
· Mail to the church at 7842 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS 66208
· Mail directly to Mary’s home
· Sign up for eTithing at https://www.cofchrist.org/etithing using these steps:
1. Select the United States link and then scroll down to Mission Road Community of Christ.
2. Click ’sign up’ in the upper right-hand corner to create your account or ’sign in’ if you have already set up your account.
3. Select one-time contribution or continuing contribution.
Contact Mary if you have additional questions about electronic contributions
Mission Road Congregation
7842 Mission Rd
Prairie Village, KS 66208
You must be logged in to post a comment.