MISSION ROAD NEWSLETTER – Monday, January 16th, 2023
Here is the order of information:
I. This week
II. Coming soon
III. Congregation link
IV. Tithes & offering
I. THIS WEEK
· Taco Tuesday. Contact Chris if you are able to go.
· Saints’ Chorale Rehearsal on January 18th at 6:15 pm
· Prayer Circle at 7:15 pm on Zoom Only.
· At 7:00 pm, on Thursday, January 19, 2023, the All Good Books club will discuss The Lost and Found Bookshop by Susan Wiggs. Jonathan Bacon will facilitate the discussion.
The All Good Books club will meet in person (at 7842 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS) and online using the Zoom weblink https://tinyurl.com/AllGoodBooks-Wiggins (or the regular Zoom weblink for church).
· Center of Hope Collection Day.
SUNDAY, January 22nd – “United in Purpose”
Worship Planner: Debbie Rushfelt, Presider: Jennifer Libeer, Speaker: Brian Libeer Assistants: Julie Canterbury, Jonathan Bacon, Debbie Rushfelt, Keyboard: Piano Team, Worship Center: Karen Birkby, PowerPoint: Ryan Ballantyne, AV Desk: Roxann Kosmicki and Ryan Ballantyne, Zoom Co-Host: Kennetha Kuttler
Adult Sunday School Class: Jonathan Bacon continues with Chapter 3 of the Difficult Words of Jesus by Amy Jill-Levine
II. COMING SOON
· Sewing for Charity will meet Tuesday, January 24th from 9 am to noon
· Taco Tuesday. Contact Kennetha if you are able to go.
· Saints’ Chorale Rehearsal on January 25th at 6:15 pm
· Prayer Circle at 7:15 pm on Zoom or in person.
***No*** Center of Hope Collection.
· NEXT SUNDAY, January 29th
A Joint Worship Service will be held at the Lenexa Congregation starting at 10:00 am. The address is 17620 W 87th St Pkwy, Lenexa, KS 66220.
Directions: From the I-435 Exit 3 for 87th St. Turn West onto W 87th St/W 87th St Pkwy. Drive West about 8 tenths of a mile to Lennox Dr. Turn right (North) onto Lennox Dr., then turn left into the Lenexa Community of Christ parking area. Look for the blue Community of Christ sign.
There will be no Sunday School at Mission Road.
· Mission Bells Practice 7-8:30 pm, Monday, January 30th, 2023
· World Conference will be April 21 – 29, 2023
III. IMPORTANT CONGREGATIONAL LINKS AND CONTACTS
· Send Sunday’s Order of Worship, newsletter information and building related business to Roxann at: rkmissionrd007
· Send prayer requests and other church business to Kenne at: missionroadcc
· Send financial business to Mary Reichenbach at: mrcoccfo
· Church Phone number is 913-890-3460. Calls are forwarded to Kenne via Google Voice
· All Good Books discussion group website at: https://allbooksclub.wordpress.com/
· Social media sites: Visit and "like" each of these sites to keep updated on news
· Congregational (public) website at: www.mission-road.org
· Facebook Page (public) at: https://www.facebook.com/MissionRoad.CoC
IV. TITHES AND OFFERINGS
Mary Reichenbach, the Congregation’s Financial Officer suggests the following options to continue your regular contributions:
· Mail directly to Mary’s home
· Sign up for eTithing at https://www.cofchrist.org/etithing using these steps:
1. Select the United States link and then scroll down to Mission Road Community of Christ.
2. Click ’sign up’ in the upper right-hand corner to create your account or ’sign in’ if you have already set up your account.
3. Select one-time contribution or continuing contribution.
Contact Mary if you have additional questions about electronic contributions
Mission Road Congregation
7842 Mission Rd
Prairie Village, KS 66208
You must be logged in to post a comment.