MISSION ROAD NEWSLETTER – Monday, April 24, 2023
Here is the order of information:
I. This week
II. Coming soon
III. Congregation link
IV. Tithes & offering
I. THIS WEEK
· April 24th Mission Bells Practice from 7-8:30 pm
· Saints’ Chorale Rehearsal on April 26th at 6:15 pm
· Prayer Circle at 7:30 pm – Zoom or in person
*** Center of Hope Collection. April 29th, 2023
April 30th – “Find Wholeness” – Second Sunday of Easter
Worship Planner: Caryn Brown, Presider: Caryn Brown, Speaker: Video of President Steve Veazy, Assistants: Coral Perlin, Dennis Wood and Nadine Bennetts, Keyboard: Ryan Ballantyne, Music: April Ballantyne, Worship Center: Arlene Leonard, PowerPoint: Paul Bennetts, AV Desk: Roxann Kosmicki and Kennetha Kuttler, Zoom Co-Host: Jonathan Bacon
When the Adult Sunday School class resumes meeting on April 30, 2023, at 9:15 AM we’ll discuss "Our Discipleship Journey" which concludes Part I of the Say to This Mountain book (sandwiched between Chapters 5 and 6). If time permits, we’ll proceed to discuss the "Opening Meditation" which precedes Chapter 6.
Here’s the assignment I hope you’ll tackle between now and the 30th. The authors of our text invite us to "use the image of a river to express the broad sweep of your discipleship experience." They also invite us to create a genogram (family history chart) to discuss "the families into which many of us were born, as well as the families we have created as adults." Further, they ask "Where in your family or community do you see people ‘doing the will of God?’"
I’d invite you to think about and write down a few paragraphs about where your family originated, the land they owned or worked, the history of your family’s religious upbringing and, and the history of your life in this congregation. As Marcus Garvey wrote, "A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin, and culture is like a tree without roots."
On April 30, let’s refresh our memory of the history of ancestor families, the church at Mission Road, and its members past and present.
Please come prepared to share!
II. COMING SOON
· May 1st Mission Bells Practice from 7-8:30 pm
· Taco Tuesday contact Kenne if you plan to join.
· Saints’ Chorale Rehearsal on May 3rd at 6:15 pm
· Prayer Circle at 7:30 pm – Zoom or in person
*** NO *** Center of Hope Collection. May 6th, 2023
May 7th – “Become Living Stones”
Worship Planner: Dorothy May, Presider: Dorothy May, Speaker: Arlene Leonard, Assistants: Julie Canterbury, Mary Reichenbach, and Debbie Rushfelt, Communion Servers: Debbie and Jerry Rushfelt, Caryn Brown and Ron Millard, Keyboard: Sharon Wood, Music: Roxann Kosmicki, Worship Center: Deacons, PowerPoint: Ryan Ballantyne, AV Desk: Roxann Kosmicki and Ryan Ballantyne, Zoom Co-Host: Caryn Brown
Adult Sunday School Continues with Paul Bennetts leading the discussion of Chapter 6, Say to This Mountain: Mark’s story of Discipleship.
Other Dates .
· Sewing for Charity will meet May 9th and May 23rd from 9 – Noon.
· Celebration of Life Service for John Parish, Friday May 12th at 4pm.
· Midlands Mission Center 2023 Summer Camp Schedule:
June 10-14 Junior Camp
June 10-15 Middle School Camp
June 17-21 Doniphan Reunion
June 22-24 Youth Center
June 25-30 Sr. High Camp
July 9-14 Chihowa Reunion
July 15-22 Spectacular
III. IMPORTANT CONGREGATIONAL LINKS AND CONTACTS
· Send Sunday’s Order of Worship, newsletter information and building related business to Roxann at: rkmissionrd007
· Send prayer requests and other church business to Kenne at: missionroadcc
· Send financial business to Mary Reichenbach at: mrcoccfo
· Church Phone number is 913-890-3460. Calls are forwarded to Kenne via Google Voice
· All Good Books discussion group website at: https://allbooksclub.wordpress.com/
· Social media sites: Visit and "like" each of these sites to keep updated on news
· Congregational (public) website at: www.mission-road.org
· Facebook Page (public) at: https://www.facebook.com/MissionRoad.CoC
IV. TITHES AND OFFERINGS
Mary Reichenbach, the Congregation’s Financial Officer suggests the following options to continue your regular contributions:
· Mail directly to Mary’s home
· Sign up for eTithing at https://www.cofchrist.org/etithing using these steps:
1. Select the United States link and then scroll down to Mission Road Community of Christ.
2. Click ’sign up’ in the upper right-hand corner to create your account or ’sign in’ if you have already set up your account.
3. Select one-time contribution or continuing contribution.
Contact Mary if you have additional questions about electronic contributions
Mission Road Congregation
7842 Mission Rd
Prairie Village, KS 66208
You must be logged in to post a comment.