Here is the order of information:
- This week
- Coming soon
- Congregation link
- Tithes & offering
II. THIS WEEK
TOMORROW – WEDNESDAY
- 7:00 p.m. – PRAYER CIRCLE on Zoom
- 8:30 a.m. – COFFEE & TREATS
- 9:15 a.m. – ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL in the library and on Zoom. Class will complete “Saint Paul versus Saint Peter: a tale of two missions
- 9:30 a.m. – CHILDREN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL
- 10:30 a.m. – WORSHIP SERVICE – “Who is My Neighbor” with Larry Birkby (presiding), Arlene Leonard (speaking), Karen Birkby (planning and assist), Sharon Wood (music), Dennis Wood (assisting), Roxann Kosmicki (PowerPoint creator and AV Host), Caryn Brown (co-host), Robin Payne (worship center)
III. COMING SOON
NOTE from Mission Center: Please register for camps ASAP. Listings are at www.midlandsmc.org
- SUNDAY, JULY 17 – Priesthood and leadership meeting during Sunday School time (9:15 a.m.) in library.
- SUNDAY, JULY 17 – “Cry for Justice” with Kenne Kuttler (presider and PowerPoint creator), Jane Landrum (speaker), Caryn Brown (planner), Pam Landrum (music), Bill Landrum, Allie Libeer, and Jerry Rushfelt (assistants), Dennis Wood (worship center), Rosann Kosmicki (Media desk),
- ALL GOOD BOOKS – The All Good Books group will meet on Thursday, July 21, 2022, at 7:00 PM to discuss "Keep Sharp" by Sanjay Gupta (Tom Jowett will introduce the discussion). Meet in library or on Zoom using the following web link: https://tinyurl.com/AllGoodBooks
This is a joint activity by the Community of Christ Mission Road Congregation and the Johnson County Community College Retirees Association. All are welcome!
- ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL – The adult Sunday school class will resume on Sunday, July 24, 2022, with the study of a new book: “A Way of Life: Understanding Our Christian Faith” by Anthony J. Chavala-Smith. Copies are on order from Herald House and including shipping, the cost is $10. We hope you will join us in person or on Zoom for the adult class each Sunday at 9:15 AM.
V. IMPORTANT CONGREGATIONAL LINKS AND CONTACTS
· Send Sunday’s Order of Worship and general church business to Roxann at rkmissionrd007
· Send prayer requests and other church business to Kenne at missionroadcc
· Send financial business to Mary Reichenbach at mrcoccfo
· Church Phone number is 913-890-3460. Calls are forwarded to Kenne via Google Voice
· All Good Books discussion group website at https://allbooksclub.wordpress.com/
· Social media sites: Visit and "like" each of these sites to keep updated on news
· Congregational (public) website at www.mission-road.org
· Facebook Page (public) at https://www.facebook.com/MissionRoad.CoC
VII. TITHES AND OFFERINGS
Mary Reichenbach, the Congregation’s Financial Officer suggests the following options to continue your regular contributions:
· Mail to the church at 7842 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS 66208
· Mail directly to Mary’s home
· Sign up for eTithing at https://www.cofchrist.org/etithing using these steps:
1. Select the United States link and then scroll down to Mission Road Community of Christ.
2. Click ’sign up’ in the upper right-hand corner to create your account or ’sign in’ if you have already set up your account.
3. Select one-time contribution or continuing contribution.
Contact Mary if you have additional questions about electronic contributions
Sent from Mail for Windows