MISSION ROAD NEWSLETTER – Monday, July 18, 2022
Here is the order of information:
I. This week
II. Coming soon
III. Congregation link
IV. Tithes & offering
I. THIS WEEK
· ALL GOOD BOOKS – The All Good Books group will meet on Thursday, July 21, 2022, at 7:00 PM to discuss "Keep Sharp" by Sanjay Gupta (Tom Jowett will introduce the discussion). Meet in library or on Zoom using the following web link: https://tinyurl.com/AllGoodBooks
This is a joint activity by the Community of Christ Mission Road Congregation and the Johnson County Community College Retirees Association. All are welcome!
· 8:30 a.m. – COFFEE & TREATS
· 9:15 a.m. – ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL. with the study of a new book: “A Way of Life: Understanding Our Christian Faith” by Anthony J. Chavala-Smith. We hope you will join us in person or on Zoom
· 9:30 a.m. – CHILDREN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL
· 10:30 a.m. – WORSHIP SERVICE –
“TEACH US TO PRAY” BAPTISM AND CONFIRMATION SERVICE Caryn Brown (presider and worship center), Ron Millard (Speaker), Jane Landrum (planner and PowerPoint creator), Dorothy May (music), Judy Jowett, Joyce Meredith, and Eloise Snider (assistants), Roxann and Kenne (Media Desk), Paul Bennetts (cohost)
II. COMING SOON
· SEWING GROUP will meet on Mondays, July25, August 8, and August 22.
“Be Rich Toward God” Nadine Bennetts (Worship Planner), Paul Bennetts (Presider & PowerPoint), John O’Neal (Speaker), John Trinkl, Susan Clark, Barbara Bernauer (assistants), Roxann and Kenne (Media Desk), Brian Libeer (Co-host)
III. IMPORTANT CONGREGATIONAL LINKS AND CONTACTS
· Send Sunday’s Order of Worship and general church business to Roxann at rkmissionrd007
· Send prayer requests and other church business to Kenne at missionroadcc
· Send financial business to Mary Reichenbach at mrcoccfo
· Church Phone number is 913-890-3460. Calls are forwarded to Kenne via Google Voice
· All Good Books discussion group website at https://allbooksclub.wordpress.com/
· Social media sites: Visit and "like" each of these sites to keep updated on news
· Congregational (public) website at www.mission-road.org
· Facebook Page (public) at https://www.facebook.com/MissionRoad.CoC
IV. TITHES AND OFFERINGS
Mary Reichenbach, the Congregation’s Financial Officer suggests the following options to continue your regular contributions:
· Mail to the church at 7842 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS 66208
· Mail directly to Mary’s home
· Sign up for eTithing at https://www.cofchrist.org/etithing using these steps:
1. Select the United States link and then scroll down to Mission Road Community of Christ.
2. Click ’sign up’ in the upper right-hand corner to create your account or ’sign in’ if you have already set up your account.
3. Select one-time contribution or continuing contribution.
Contact Mary if you have additional questions about electronic contributions