Here is the order of information:
- This week
- Coming soon
- Congregation link
- Tithes & offering
I. THIS WEEK
· QUARTER 4 Availability sheets are on the table in hallway. Please return by Sunday, August 21
- 8:30 a.m. – COFFEE & TREATS
- 9:15 a.m. – ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL. with the study of a new book: “A Way of Life: Understanding Our Christian Faith” by Anthony J. Chavala-Smith. We hope you will join us in person or on Zoom
- 9:30 a.m. – CHILDREN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL
- 10:30 a.m. – WORSHIP SERVICE –“Jesus Brings Holy Disruption” with Jane Landrum presiding and planning, Paul Bennetts speaking.. Sharon Wood is keyboard and Arlene Leonard is worship center. Assistants are Nadine Bennetts and Alisa Morse. Kenne Kuttler is PowerPoint and AV, with Caryn Brown Co-Host and Russ May assisting.
II. COMING SOON
- NEXT SUNDAY, AUGUST 21 –“Listen for the Prophetic Call” Planner and Assistant Debbie Rushfelt, Presider Jennifer Libeer, Speaker Jerry Rushfelt. Also assisting are Jonathan Bacon and Allie Libeer. Jonathan Bacon is PowerPoint and Dorothy May is music. Caryn Brown is worship center and Roxann/Kenne AV. Brian Libeer is Co-host.
- MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR STERLING KASPAR– 2:00 P.M. Next Sunday, 8/21. In the sanctuary and on Zoom.
- SEWING GROUP will meet on Monday, August 22.
· ***NEW VISTING TEAM*** In effort to expand our ministry, we are starting a Friendly Visiting Team. Each two-person team will visit those who want to share friendship outside of Sunday mornings. Please let Karen Birkby or Kenne Kuttler know if you would like to visit, if you have someone in mind who would like a visit, or if you want to be visited.
· CELEBRATION OF LIFE FOR MAX WOODERSON-September 18 at Pleasant Valley Baptist Church, 1600 Rte. 291, Liberty, Mo. Tentative time, 5 p.m.
V. IMPORTANT CONGREGATIONAL LINKS AND CONTACTS
· Send Sunday’s Order of Worship and general church business to Roxann at rkmissionrd007
· Send prayer requests and other church business to Kenne at missionroadcc
· Send financial business to Mary Reichenbach at mrcoccfo
· Church Phone number is 913-890-3460. Calls are forwarded to Kenne via Google Voice
· All Good Books discussion group website at https://allbooksclub.wordpress.com/
· Social media sites: Visit and "like" each of these sites to keep updated on news
· Congregational (public) website at www.mission-road.org
· Facebook Page (public) at https://www.facebook.com/MissionRoad.CoC
iV. TITHES AND OFFERINGS
Mary Reichenbach, the Congregation’s Financial Officer suggests the following options to continue your regular contributions:
· Mail to the church at 7842 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS 66208
· Mail directly to Mary’s home
· Sign up for eTithing at https://www.cofchrist.org/etithing using these steps:
1. Select the United States link and then scroll down to Mission Road Community of Christ.
2. Click ’sign up’ in the upper right-hand corner to create your account or ’sign in’ if you have already set up your account.
3. Select one-time contribution or continuing contribution.
Contact Mary if you have additional questions about electronic contributions
Sent from Mail for Windows