MISSION ROAD NEWSLETTER – Monday, August 1, 2022
Here is the order of information:
I. This week
II. Coming soon
III. Congregation link
IV. Tithes & offering
I. THIS WEEK
· TUESDAY Taco Tuesday at 12:45 P.M.Please advise Kenne or Chris know if you are planning to join us at Salty Iguana this week.
· WEDNESDAY Prayer Circle at 7:00 pm on Zoom.
· 8:30 a.m. – COFFEE & TREATS
· 9:15 a.m. – ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL. with the study of a new book: “A Way of Life: Understanding Our Christian Faith” by Anthony J. Chavala-Smith. We hope you will join us in person or on Zoom
· 9:30 a.m. – CHILDREN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL
· 10:30 a.m. – WORSHIP SERVICE – “Where is Your Heart?” Worship Planner Roxann Kosmicki, Presider Brian Liber, Speaker Jennifer Libeer, Helpers: Julie Canterbury, Lee and Arlene Leonard, Communion Servers: John Parrish, Caryn Brown, Ron Millard and Nadine Bennetts, PowerPoint Brian Libeer, Keyboard Sharon Wood, Worship Center by Deacons, AV Kenne Kuttler and Russ May, Co-Host Dennis Wood
II. COMING SOON
· ***NEW VISTING TEAM*** In effort to expand our ministry, we are starting a Friendly Visiting Team. Each two-person team will visit those who want to share friendship outside of Sunday mornings. Please let Karen Birkby or Kenne Kuttler know if you would like to visit, if you have someone in mind who would like a visit, or if you want to be visited.
· SEWING GROUP will meet on Mondays August 8, and August 22.
· NEXT SUNDAY, AUGUST 14- “Jesus Brings Holy Disruption” with Jane Landrum presiding, Paul Bennetts speaking, and Kenne Kuttler planning. Sharon Wood is keyboard and Arlene Leonard is worship center. Assistants are Nadine Bennetts and Alisa Morse. Kenne Kuttler is PowerPoint and AV, with Caryn Brown Co-Host and Russ May assisting.
III. IMPORTANT CONGREGATIONAL LINKS AND CONTACTS
· Send Sunday’s Order of Worship and general church business to Roxann at rkmissionrd007
· Send prayer requests and other church business to Kenne at missionroadcc
· Send financial business to Mary Reichenbach at mrcoccfo
· Church Phone number is 913-890-3460. Calls are forwarded to Kenne via Google Voice
· All Good Books discussion group website at https://allbooksclub.wordpress.com/
· Social media sites: Visit and "like" each of these sites to keep updated on news
· Congregational (public) website at www.mission-road.org
· Facebook Page (public) at https://www.facebook.com/MissionRoad.CoC
IV. TITHES AND OFFERINGS
Mary Reichenbach, the Congregation’s Financial Officer suggests the following options to continue your regular contributions:
· Mail to the church at 7842 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS 66208
· Mail directly to Mary’s home
· Sign up for eTithing at https://www.cofchrist.org/etithing using these steps:
1. Select the United States link and then scroll down to Mission Road Community of Christ.
2. Click ’sign up’ in the upper right-hand corner to create your account or ’sign in’ if you have already set up your account.
3. Select one-time contribution or continuing contribution.
Contact Mary if you have additional questions about electronic contributions
Mission Road Congregation
7842 Mission Rd
Prairie Village, KS 66208