MISSION ROAD NEWSLETTER – Monday, August 22, 2022
Here is the order of information:
I. This week
II. Coming soon
III. Congregation link
IV. Tithes & offering
I. THIS WEEK
· SEWING GROUP will meet on Monday August 22.
· TUESDAY Taco Tuesday at 11:45 P.M.Please advise Kenne or Chris know if you are planning to join us at Salty Iguana this week.
· WEDNESDAY Prayer Circle at 7:00 pm on Zoom.
· 8:30 a.m. – COFFEE & TREATS
· 9:15 a.m. – ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL. with the study of a new book: “A Way of Life: Understanding Our Christian Faith” by Anthony J. Chavala-Smith. We hope you will join us in person or on Zoom. Chapter 6: Jesus Christ: God with Us, God for Us – Jonathan Bacon teaching.
· 9:30 a.m. – CHILDREN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL
· 10:30 a.m. – WORSHIP SERVICE – AUGUST 28- “Humble Yourself” Worship Planner Karen Birkby, Presider Robin Payne, Speaker Kennetha Kuttler, Assistants: Joyce Meredith, Karen Birkby, Guy Queen PowerPoint Caryn Brown, Keyboard Dorothy May, Worship Center Caryn Brown, AV Desk Roxann Kosmicki, and Zoom Co-Host Jane Landrum
FUN AT THE MILLARDS – Sunday, August 28th at 5 p.m. All you need to bring is a towel. Dinner isn’t provided but there will be ice cream. Lawn Chairs are suggested but they may have that covered depending on who shows up.
II. COMING SOON
· ***NEW VISTING TEAM*** In effort to expand our ministry, we are starting a Friendly Visiting Team. Each two-person team will visit those who want to share friendship outside of Sunday mornings. Please let Karen Birkby or Kenne Kuttler know if you would like to visit, if you have someone in mind who would like a visit, or if you want to be visited.
· NEXT SUNDAY, September 4th- “Clay in the Potter’s Hands” Worship Planner Kimble Allen, Presider Jane Landrum, Speaker Jonathan Bacon, Assistants: Chris Lackey, Nadine Bennetts, Paul Bennetts Servers: Nadine Bennetts, Paul Bennetts, Robin Payne, Larry Birkby PowerPoint Scott Wells, Keyboard Sharon Wood, Worship Center Deacons, AV Desk Roxann Kosmicki & Kennetha Kuttler, and Co-Host Dennis Wood
· September 15th– All Good Books group will meet on Thursday, September 15, 2022, at 7:00 PM to discuss "Last Boat Out of Shanghai" by Helen Zia. The meeting will be held in the Church Library, Community of Christ (7842 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS).
· September 18th – CELEBRATION OF LIFE FOR MAX WOODERSON –at Pleasant Valley Baptist Church, 1600 Rte. 291, Liberty, MO Tentative time, 5 p.m.
III. IMPORTANT CONGREGATIONAL LINKS AND CONTACTS
· Send Sunday’s Order of Worship and general church business to Roxann at rkmissionrd007
· Send prayer requests and other church business to Kenne at missionroadcc
· Send financial business to Mary Reichenbach at mrcoccfo
· Church Phone number is 913-890-3460. Calls are forwarded to Kenne via Google Voice
· All Good Books discussion group website at https://allbooksclub.wordpress.com/
· Social media sites: Visit and "like" each of these sites to keep updated on news
· Congregational (public) website at www.mission-road.org
· Facebook Page (public) at https://www.facebook.com/MissionRoad.CoC
IV. TITHES AND OFFERINGS
Mary Reichenbach, the Congregation’s Financial Officer suggests the following options to continue your regular contributions:
· Mail to the church at 7842 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS 66208
· Mail directly to Mary’s home
· Sign up for eTithing at https://www.cofchrist.org/etithing using these steps:
1. Select the United States link and then scroll down to Mission Road Community of Christ.
2. Click ’sign up’ in the upper right-hand corner to create your account or ’sign in’ if you have already set up your account.
3. Select one-time contribution or continuing contribution.
Contact Mary if you have additional questions about electronic contributions
Mission Road Congregation
7842 Mission Rd
Prairie Village, KS 66208
You must be logged in to post a comment.