MISSION ROAD NEWSLETTER – Monday, August 29, 2022
Here is the order of information:
I. This week
II. Coming soon
III. Congregation link
IV. Tithes & offering
I. THIS WEEK
· Taco Tuesday at 11:45 P.M.Please advise Kenne or Roxann if you are planning to join us at Salty Iguana this week.
· Choir rehearsals at Mission Road this Wednesday, August 31, 2022, at 6:30 p.m.
· Prayer Circle at 7:00 pm will be in person and on Zoom.
· 8:30 a.m. – COFFEE & TREATS
· 9:15 a.m. – ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL. with the study of a new book: “A Way of Life: Understanding Our Christian Faith” by Anthony J. Chavala-Smith. We hope you will join us in person or on Zoom. Chapter 7: The Holy Spirit: God’s Transforming Presence – Paul Bennetts is teaching the class.
· 9:30 a.m. – CHILDREN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL
· 10:30 a.m. – WORSHIP SERVICE – September 4th, “Clay in the Potter’s Hands” Worship Planner Kimble Allen, Presider Jane Landrum, Speaker Jonathan Bacon, Assistants: Chris Lackey, Nadine Bennetts, Paul Bennetts Servers: Nadine Bennetts, Paul Bennetts, Robin Payne, Larry Birkby, PowerPoint Scott Wells, Keyboard Sharon Wood, Worship Center Deacons, AV Desk Roxann Kosmicki & Kennetha Kuttler, and Zoom Co-Host Dennis Wood
II. COMING SOON
· ***NEW VISTING TEAM*** In effort to expand our ministry, we are starting a Friendly Visiting Team. Each two-person team will visit those who want to share friendship outside of Sunday mornings. Please let Karen Birkby or Kenne Kuttler know if you would like to visit, if you have someone in mind who would like a visit, or if you want to be visited.
· NEXT SUNDAY, September 11th– “Rejoice! The Lost is Found” Worship Planner Nadine Bennetts, Presider Paul Bennetts, Speaker Roxann Kosmicki, Assistants: Russ May, Dennis Wood, Robin Payne PowerPoint Paul Bennetts, Keyboard Sharon Wood, Music Choir, Worship Center Karen Birkby, AV Desk Kennetha Kuttler, and Zoom Co-Host Jane Landrum
· September 15th – All Good Books group will meet on Thursday, September 15, 2022, at 7:00 PM to discuss "Last Boat Out of Shanghai" by Helen Zia. The meeting will be held in the Church Library, Community of Christ (7842 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS).
· CELEBRATION OF LIFE FOR MAX WOODERSON – September 18that Pleasant Valley Baptist Church, 1600 Rte. 291, Liberty, MO Tentative time, 5 p.m.
· SEWING GROUP will meet on September 20th from 9am – 12.
· World Conference Delegate Applications
World Conference: April 21 – 29, 2023
Mission Center Conference: October 16, 2022
The Midlands Mission Center has been allocated 67 delegates for World Conference. We will vote on these delegates at the Mission Center Conference.
Applications must be submitted by October 9th, 2022.
If you have any questions or are unable to apply online, please reach out to Kat Hnatyshyn.
III. IMPORTANT CONGREGATIONAL LINKS AND CONTACTS
· Send Sunday’s Order of Worship and general church business to Roxann at rkmissionrd007
· Send prayer requests and other church business to Kenne at missionroadcc
· Send financial business to Mary Reichenbach at mrcoccfo
· Church Phone number is 913-890-3460. Calls are forwarded to Kenne via Google Voice
· All Good Books discussion group website at https://allbooksclub.wordpress.com/
· Social media sites: Visit and "like" each of these sites to keep updated on news
· Congregational (public) website at www.mission-road.org
· Facebook Page (public) at https://www.facebook.com/MissionRoad.CoC
IV. TITHES AND OFFERINGS
Mary Reichenbach, the Congregation’s Financial Officer suggests the following options to continue your regular contributions:
· Mail to the church at 7842 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS 66208
· Mail directly to Mary’s home
· Sign up for eTithing at https://www.cofchrist.org/etithing using these steps:
1. Select the United States link and then scroll down to Mission Road Community of Christ.
2. Click ’sign up’ in the upper right-hand corner to create your account or ’sign in’ if you have already set up your account.
3. Select one-time contribution or continuing contribution.
Contact Mary if you have additional questions about electronic contributions