Here is the order of information:
- This week
- Coming soon
- Tithes & offering
II. THIS WEEK
- Taco Tuesday at 11:45 P.M.Please advise Kenne or Roxann if you are planning to join us at Salty Iguana this week.
- Choir rehearsals at Mission Road this Wednesday, September 26th, 2022, at 6:15 p.m.
- Prayer Circle at 7:30 pm will be in person and on Zoom.
- 8:30 a.m. – COFFEE & TREATS
- 9:15 a.m. – ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL. with the study of a new book: “A Way of Life: Understanding Our Christian Faith” by Anthony J. Chevala-Smith. We hope you will join us in person or on Zoom. Chapter 11 – New Life in Christ: Claimed by Mercy taught by Paul Bennetts,
- 9:30 a.m. – CHILDREN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL
- 10:30 a.m. – WORSHIP SERVICE – October 2 – “If You Only Had Faith” Worship Planner Roxann Kosmicki, Presider Robin Payne, Speaker Arlene Leonard, Assistants: Kennetha Kuttler, April and Ryan Ballantyne, Keyboard Dorothy May, Worship Center Deacons, PowerPoint Kennetha Kuttler, AV Desk Roxann Kosmicki & Caryn Brown, and Zoom Co-Host Brain Libeer.
REMEMBER WHEN: We had a group of church ladies called the Chapel Belles led by Avis Tyree?
III. COMING SOON
- September is the month for the Health Ministries Association fund-raising campaign for our health care outreach in Honduras. Our goal is to collect $25,000 to cover the costs for next year to support our Honduran nurse, Saira Giron. Saira continues to serve the health needs of the people and villages near to her town of La Boquita. She also provides health care for Community of Christ gatherings at La Buena Fe.
If you feel like you can make a donation this year, please follow the link to the HMA website for further information. Donations can be made online or mailed to the HMA address 0n the website.
In 2022, 100% of the Hearts for Honduras donations went to the Honduras Health Program. We hope to be able to do this again in 2023. Make a donation where everything goes to the needs of the people of Honduras, including our brothers and sisters in the church!
· ***NEW VISITING TEAM*** In an effort to expand our ministry, we are starting a Friendly Visiting Team. Each two-person team will visit those who want to share friendship outside of Sunday mornings. Please let Karen Birkby or Kenne Kuttler know if you would like to visit, if you have someone in mind who would like a visit, or if you want to be visited.
- If you signed up to be on the visiting team, check your email for more details.
· Central Avenue Center of Hope Congregational Paper Drive has begun. Bring in 8–9-inch plates; 5–6-inch dessert plates; 8 oz foam cups, 12 oz foam bowls, napkins, sporks, and toilet paper. Contest ends October 9th.
· NEXT SUNDAY, October 9 – “Seek the Welfare of the City” Worship Planner Jane Landrum, Presider Jane Landrum, Speaker Jennifer Libeer, Assistants: Chris Lackey, Pennie Bunkers, and Julie Canterbury, Keyboard Sharon Wood, Music Choir Worship Center Pennie Bunkers, PowerPoint Kennetha Kuttler, AV Desk Caryn Brown and Brian Libeer, and Zoom Co-Host Dennis Wood.
· *****October 15th– Ryan Ballantyne invites you to a Trails West Barbershop Chorus presentation of “We’re On Our Way” at the Colonial Presbyterian Church at 12501 W 137th Street, Overland Park, KS 66221. General Admission is a $10 suggested donation. Order online at: trailswestbarbershoppers.com
· World Conference Delegate Applications
World Conference: April 21 – 29, 2023
****Mission Center Conference: October 16, 2022
The Midlands Mission Center has been allocated 67 delegates for World Conference. We will vote on these delegates at the Mission Center Conference.
Applications must be submitted by October 9th, 2022.
If you have any questions or are unable to apply online, please reach out to Kat Hnatyshyn at khnatyshyn or (816) 506-6948.
· ***New date October 20th – All Good Books group will meet on Thursday, October 20th, 2022, at 7:00 p.m. to discuss "Last Boat Out of Shanghai" by Helen Zia. The meeting will be held in the Church Library, Community of Christ (7842 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS)
· November 20th, we will be having a Mission Road congregation Business Meeting along with Chili for lunch.
V. IMPORTANT CONGREGATIONAL LINKS AND CONTACTS
· Send Sunday’s Order of Worship and general church business to Roxann at rkmissionrd007
· Send prayer requests and other church business to Kenne at missionroadcc
· Send financial business to Mary Reichenbach at mrcoccfo
· Church Phone number is 913-890-3460. Calls are forwarded to Kenne via Google Voice
· All Good Books discussion group website at https://allbooksclub.wordpress.com/
· Social media sites: Visit and "like" each of these sites to keep updated on news
· Congregational (public) website at www.mission-road.org
· Facebook Page (public) at https://www.facebook.com/MissionRoad.CoC
VII. TITHES AND OFFERINGS
Mary Reichenbach, the Congregation’s Financial Officer suggests the following options to continue your regular contributions:
· Mail to the church at 7842 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS 66208
· Mail directly to Mary’s home
· Sign up for eTithing at https://www.cofchrist.org/etithing using these steps:
1. Select the United States link and then scroll down to Mission Road Community of Christ.
2. Click ’sign up’ in the upper right-hand corner to create your account or ’sign in’ if you have already set up your account.
3. Select one-time contribution or continuing contribution.
Contact Mary if you have additional questions about electronic contributions