MISSION ROAD NEWSLETTER – Monday, October 10th, 2022
Here is the order of information:
I. This week
II. Coming soon
III. Congregation link
IV. Tithes & offering
I. THIS WEEK
· Taco Tuesday at 11:45 P.M.Please advise Kenne or Roxann if you are planning to join us at Salty Iguana this week.
· Saints’ Chorale rehearsals at Mission Road this Wednesday, October 12, 2022, at 6:15 p.m.
· Prayer Circle at 7:30 pm will be in person and on Zoom.
· October 15th– Ryan Ballantyne invites you to a Trails West Barbershop Chorus presentation of “We’re On Our Way” at the Colonial Presbyterian Church at 12501 W 137th Street, Overland Park, KS 66221. General Admission is a $10 suggested donation. Order online at: trailswestbarbershoppers.com
· 8:30 a.m. – COFFEE & TREATS
· 9:15 a.m. – ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL. with the study of a new book: “A Way of Life: Understanding Our Christian Faith” by Anthony J. Chevala-Smith. We hope you will join us in person or on Zoom. Chapter 13 – The Generous Life taught by Jane Landrum.
· 9:30 a.m. – CHILDREN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL
· 10:30 a.m. – WORSHIP SERVICE – October 16 – “Written on Our Hearts” Worship Planner Kennetha Kuttler, Presider Kennetha Kuttler, Speaker Dorothy May, Assistants: Jeremy Baptist, Robin Payne, and Russ May, Keyboard Ryan Ballantyne, Worship Center Arlene Leonard, PowerPoint Paul Bennetts, AV Desk Roxann Kosmicki, and Zoom Co-Host Paul Bennetts.
**************Mission Center Conference: October 16, 2022******************
REMEMBER WHEN: We had fabulous progressive dinners? Two homes come to mind – Marj and Lloyd Stowell, Jack and Mary Lou Wolfe. (I remember stuffed pork chops).
II. COMING SOON
· ****On Tuesday October 18th the Sewing group will meet from 9-12
· October 20th – All Good Books group will meet on Thursday, October 20th, 2022, at 7:00 p.m. to discuss "Last Boat Out of Shanghai" by Helen Zia. The meeting will be held in the Church Library, Community of Christ (7842 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS)
· NEXT SUNDAY, October 23 – “Rain Down” Worship Planner Karen Birkby, Presider Ron Millard, Speaker John O’Neal, Assistants: Karen and Larry Birkby with Jim Needham, Keyboard Beyond the Walls, Music Mission Bells, Worship Center Karen Birkby, PowerPoint Ryan Ballantyne, AV Desk Roxann Kosmicki & Ryan Ballantyne, and Zoom Co-Host Jane Landrum.
· *****November 6 we will be having game day at 1:00 pm. We will have ice cream. You can go to lunch and return for games and ice cream. It will surely be a good time for all.
· November 20th, we will be having a Mission Road congregation Business Meeting along with Chili for lunch.
· World Conference will be April 21 – 29, 2023
III. IMPORTANT CONGREGATIONAL LINKS AND CONTACTS
· Send Sunday’s Order of Worship and general church business to Roxann at rkmissionrd007
· Send prayer requests and other church business to Kenne at missionroadcc
· Send financial business to Mary Reichenbach at mrcoccfo
· Church Phone number is 913-890-3460. Calls are forwarded to Kenne via Google Voice
· All Good Books discussion group website at https://allbooksclub.wordpress.com/
· Social media sites: Visit and "like" each of these sites to keep updated on news
· Congregational (public) website at www.mission-road.org
· Facebook Page (public) at https://www.facebook.com/MissionRoad.CoC
IV. TITHES AND OFFERINGS
Mary Reichenbach, the Congregation’s Financial Officer suggests the following options to continue your regular contributions:
· Mail to the church at 7842 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS 66208
· Mail directly to Mary’s home
· Sign up for eTithing at https://www.cofchrist.org/etithing using these steps:
1. Select the United States link and then scroll down to Mission Road Community of Christ.
2. Click ’sign up’ in the upper right-hand corner to create your account or ’sign in’ if you have already set up your account.
3. Select one-time contribution or continuing contribution.
Contact Mary if you have additional questions about electronic contributions
Mission Road Congregation
7842 Mission Rd
Prairie Village, KS 66208
You must be logged in to post a comment.