MISSION ROAD NEWSLETTER – Monday, October 31, 2022
Here is the order of information:
I. This week
II. Coming soon
III. Congregation links
IV. Tithes & offering
I. THIS WEEK
· Taco Tuesday at 11:45 P.M.Please advise Kenne or Roxann if you are planning to join us at Salty Iguana this week.
· Saints’ Chorale rehearsals at Mission Road this Wednesday, November 2, 2022, at 6:15 p.m.
· Prayer Circle at 7:30 pm will be in person and on Zoom.
**Happy Birthday Allie Libeer!
· DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME SET BACK. 2 AM
· COFFEE & TREATS 8:30 a.m.
· 9:15 a.m. – ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL. with the study of a new book: “A Way of Life: Understanding Our Christian Faith” by Anthony J. Chevala-Smith. We hope you will join us in person or on Zoom. Chapter 1 – Baptized into Servanthood: Ministry and Priesthood taught by Paul Bennetts.
· 9:30 a.m. – CHILDREN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL
· 10:30 a.m. – WORSHIP SERVICE – November 6th – “Have Courage” Worship Planner Caryn Brown, Presider Jane Landrum, Speaker Larry Birkby, Assistants: Susan Clark, Merrill Clark, and Pennie Bunkers, Communion Servers: John Parrish*, Karen Birkby, Ryan Ballantyne, and Robin Payne, Keyboard Sharon Wood, Worship Center Deacons, PowerPoint Caryn Brown, AV Desk Roxann Kosmicki & Caryn Brown, and Zoom Co-Host Jonathan Bacon.
· November 6 we will be having game day at 1:00 pm. We will have ice cream. You can go to lunch and return for games and ice cream. It will surely be a good time for all.
REMEMBER WHEN: We had a luncheon at Frances Vaughns home in honor of Franzy Raw and little Mary Allen who were both in their ‘80s?
II. COMING SOON
· November 7th Sewing for Charity will meet 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm.
· NEXT SUNDAY, November 13th – “Prepare for a New Creation” Worship Planner Karen Birkby, Presider Karen Birkby, Speaker Quilt Presentation, Assistants: Jeremy Baptist, Joyce Meredith, Arlene Leonard, Keyboard Sharon Wood, Music Choir, Worship Center Karen Birkby, PowerPoint Johnathan, AV Desk Roxann Kosmicki & Kennetha Kuttler, and Zoom Co-Host Dennis Wood.
· Bells Practice Monday November 14th, 7pm – 8:30pm
· Tuesday November 15th Sewing for Charity will meet 9:00 am –12:00 pm
· Thursday November 17th, All Good Books club will meet in person and online using the congregation’s Zoom weblink. At 7pm, on Thursday November 17th, 2022. The book to be discussed it “Enough About Me” by Richard Lui.
· November 20th, we will be having a Mission Road congregation Business Meeting along with Chili for lunch.
· Bells Practice Monday November 28th, 7pm – 8:30pm
· World Conference will be April 21 – 29, 2023
III. IMPORTANT CONGREGATIONAL LINKS AND CONTACTS
· Send Sunday’s Order of Worship and general church business to Roxann at rkmissionrd007
· Send prayer requests and other church business to Kenne at missionroadcc
· Send financial business to Mary Reichenbach at mrcoccfo
· Church Phone number is 913-890-3460. Calls are forwarded to Kenne via Google Voice
· All Good Books discussion group website at https://allbooksclub.wordpress.com/
· Social media sites: Visit and "like" each of these sites to keep updated on news
· Congregational (public) website at www.mission-road.org
· Facebook Page (public) at https://www.facebook.com/MissionRoad.CoC
IV. TITHES AND OFFERINGS
Mary Reichenbach, the Congregation’s Financial Officer suggests the following options to continue your regular contributions:
· Mail to the church at 7842 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS 66208
· Mail directly to Mary’s home
· Sign up for eTithing at https://www.cofchrist.org/etithing using these steps:
1. Select the United States link and then scroll down to Mission Road Community of Christ.
2. Click ’sign up’ in the upper right-hand corner to create your account or ’sign in’ if you have already set up your account.
3. Select one-time contribution or continuing contribution.
Contact Mary if you have additional questions about electronic contributions