MISSION ROAD NEWSLETTER – Monday, November 7, 2022
Here is the order of information:
I. This week
II. Coming soon
III. Congregation link
IV. Tithes & offering
I. THIS WEEK
· November 7th Sewing for Charity will meet 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm.
****Happy Birthday Jessie Bennetts!
· Taco Tuesday at 11:45 P.M.Please advise Roxann if you are planning to join us at Salty Iguana this week.
· Saints’ Chorale rehearsals at Mission Road this Wednesday, November 9, 2022, at 6:15 p.m.
· Prayer Circle at 7:30 pm will be in person and on Zoom.
*** Friendly Visitors meet Thursday November 10th, 2022 at 6:30 pm at Mission Road or on Zoom.
***Peace Pavilion Grand Opening on November 11th, 2022 from 4-6 pm at 607 W Lexington Ave, Independence, MO.
SATURDAY- Center for Hope Collections Day.
· COFFEE & TREATS 8:30 a.m.
· 9:15 a.m. – ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL. with the study of a new book: “A Way of Life: Understanding Our Christian Faith” by Anthony J. Chevala-Smith. We hope you will join us in person or on Zoom. Chapter 17 – A Living Hope: Facing the Future taught by Dennis Wood.
· 9:30 a.m. – CHILDREN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL
· 10:30 a.m. – WORSHIP SERVICE – November 13th– “Prepare for a New Creation” Worship Planner Karen Birkby, Presider Karen Birkby, Speaker Karen Birkby Quilt Presentation, Assistants: Jeremy Baptist, Joyce Meredith, Arlene Leonard, Keyboard Sharon Wood, Music Saints’ Chorale, Worship Center Karen Birkby, PowerPoint Johnathan, AV Desk Roxann Kosmicki & Kennetha Kuttler, and Zoom Co-Host Dennis Wood.
****Thanksgiving items for Center of Hope- Robin put a call out for Thanksgiving related items to be gathered and brought to Church prior to Thanksgiving (no turkeys please). There is a list on the table in the Narthex. Our donations will be for the individual dinners because the church will send a check for the center’s big dinner for the community.
REMEMBER WHEN: We used to have Birthday Dinners for every month of the year and the glorious fashion show? When the beautiful June Bride was Wardell Hinderks and some other pert and cute models such as Bob Adams and Marlin Constance?
II. COMING SOON
· Monday November 14thBells Practice, 7pm – 8:30pm
***Happy Birthday Dennis Wood!
· Tuesday November 15th Sewing for Charity will meet 9:00 am –12:00 pm
***Happy Birthday Robin Payne!
· Wednesday November 16th Saints’ Chorale Rehearsal at 6:15.
· Thursday November 17th, All Good Books club will meet in person and online using the congregation’s Zoom weblink. At 7pm, on Thursday November 17th, 2022. The book to be discussed is “Enough About Me” by Richard Lui.
· NEXT SUNDAY, November 20th– ****9:15 Business Meeting*** No Sunday School classes
“Witness the Suffering Servant” Worship Planner Nadine Bennetts, Presider Paul Bennetts, Speaker Jonathan Bacon, Assistants: Chris Lackey, Nadine Bennetts, Dennis Wood, Keyboard Sharon Wood, Music Mission Bells, Worship Center Pennie Bunkers, PowerPoint Paul Bennetts, AV Desk Roxann Kosmicki & Caryn Brown, and Zoom Co-Host Jane Landrum.
· November 20th, we will be having Chili after church for lunch. See dessert sign-up sheet.
***Happy Birthday Jean Bink!
· November 23rdno Mission Bells Practice.
· November 26th, those interested in helping Decorate for Christmas meet at church at 9 am.
· November 28th, Mission Bells Practice 7pm – 8:30pm
· December 3 ***Baby Shower Date Change ****The Baby Shower for Roxanne Pela and Andrew Smith has been changed to Saturday, December 3rd at 2 p.m. at the church. Still the same: Registered at Buy Buy Baby under Roxanne Pela and Bernice Smith, the grandmother. RSVP Debbie Rushfelt: Cell 913.226.3617 or Email: ksderbie Note: If anyone wants to go together to purchase the car seat, contact Debbie. A list of names is growing!
· Christmas Hope coming up on December 15th.
· World Conference will be April 21 – 29, 2023
III. IMPORTANT CONGREGATIONAL LINKS AND CONTACTS
· Send Sunday’s Order of Worship and general church business to Roxann at: rkmissionrd007
· Send prayer requests and other church business to Kenne at: missionroadcc
· Send financial business to Mary Reichenbach at: mrcoccfo
· Church Phone number is 913-890-3460. Calls are forwarded to Kenne via Google Voice
· All Good Books discussion group website at: https://allbooksclub.wordpress.com/
· Social media sites: Visit and "like" each of these sites to keep updated on news
· Congregational (public) website at: www.mission-road.org
· Facebook Page (public) at: https://www.facebook.com/MissionRoad.CoC
IV. TITHES AND OFFERINGS
Mary Reichenbach, the Congregation’s Financial Officer suggests the following options to continue your regular contributions:
· Mail to the church at 7842 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS 66208
· Mail directly to Mary’s home
· Sign up for eTithing at https://www.cofchrist.org/etithing using these steps:
1. Select the United States link and then scroll down to Mission Road Community of Christ.
2. Click ’sign up’ in the upper right-hand corner to create your account or ’sign in’ if you have already set up your account.
3. Select one-time contribution or continuing contribution.
Contact Mary if you have additional questions about electronic contributions
You must be logged in to post a comment.