MISSION ROAD NEWSLETTER – MONDAY, MAY 9, 2022
I. THIS WEEK:
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR CENTER OF HOPE: Central Avenue Center of Hope needs help with their annual Postal Food Drive. They need volunteers May 14th 2:30-6:30 p.m. to help load and unload food donations. All volunteer locations are in Kansas City, KS.
Anyone with a pick-up truck would be helpful.
Volunteers can earn up to $50 to be applied toward a Midlands Mission Center camp. We will take up to 15 volunteers who are working for camp funds.
Please contact Kat at the Midlands Mission Center if you can help. She will be emailing final details (addresses, etc.) later this week.
Interested in being part of a fun group that works together to sew items for a charitable organization? Karen Birkby is hoping to find a few individuals who see this as a worthy use of their time. Little to no sewing ability is required. Come to sew or for the fellowship. Exact details will be decided by the group member; like what charity will we sew for, what we will sew, when will be meet, how often will we meet and so forth. Please let Karen know if this sounds like something you would like to be involved in. You can contact her via email, text or phone.
- 12:45 p.m. – Taco Tuesday at Salty Iguana. Advise Kennetha or Roxann if you plan to attend.
- 7:00 p.m. – PRAYER CIRCLE on Zoom cancelled this week.
- 2:30-6:30 p.m. – CACH volunteer food event. See above for details
- 8:30 a.m. – COFFEE & TREATS
- 9:15 a.m. – ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL in library and on Zoom with Jane Landrum. Chapter 16 of St. Paul versus St. Peter by Goulder.
- 9:30 a.m. – CHILDREN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL
- 10:30 a.m. – WORSHIP SERVICE – “Love One Another – Can We Do It?” with Karen Birkby (Planner, Presider), Jonathan Bacon (Speaker), Larry Birkby and Jerry Rushfelt (Assistants), Charles Athey (Keyboard), Arlene Leonard (Worship Center), Jonathan Bacon (PowerPoint), Roxann Kosmicki and Kenne Kuttler (A/V Host), and Brian Libeer (Co-Host).
- SEWING GROUP meeting after church
II. COMING SOON
- Thursday, May 19, 7:00 p.m. – ALL GOOD BOOKS GROUP will resume meeting (after a long hiatus due to COVID) in the Church Library. Jane Landrum has agreed to facilitate the group with Jonathan Bacon assisting. For the first meeting, everyone is invited to share a book report, a quote, or an interesting idea from the best, most recent book you’ve read. Bring a friend and come prepared to just talk about books for an hour or so and learn what everyone else has been reading!
- Sunday, May 22, 10:30 a.m. – WORSHIP SERVICE – “Prepare a Sanctuary” with Paul Bennetts (presiding), Jane Landrum (Planner), Testimonies (Speaker), Jeremy Baptist and Eloise Snider (Assistants), Karen Birkby (Worship Center), Paul Bennetts (PowerPoint), Roxann Kosmicki and Kenne Kuttler (A/V Host) Jane Landrum (Co-Host)
- Sunday, May 22, 5:30 p.m. – GAME NIGHT
III. IMPORTANT CONGREGATIONAL LINKS AND CONTACTS
· Send Sunday’s Order of Worship and general church business to Roxann at rkmissionroad007
· Send prayer requests and other church business to Kenne at missionroadcc
· Send financial business to Mary Reichenbach at mrcoccfo
· Church Phone number is 913-890-3460. Calls are forwarded to Kenne via Google Voice
· All Good Books discussion group website at https://allbooksclub.wordpress.com/
· Congregational (public) website at www.mission-road.org
· Facebook Page (public) at https://www.facebook.com/MissionRoad.CoC
IV. TITHES AND OFFERINGS
Mary Reichenbach, the Congregation’s Financial Officer suggests the following options to continue your regular contributions:
· Mail to the church at 7842 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS 66208
· Mail directly to Mary’s home
· Sign up for eTithing at https://www.cofchrist.org/etithing using these steps:
1. Select the United States link and then scroll down to Mission Road Community of Christ.
2. Click ’sign up’ in the upper right-hand corner to create your account or ’sign in’ if you have already set up your account.
3. Select one-time contribution or continuing contribution.
Contact Mary if you have additional questions about electronic contributions
Sent from Mail for Windows