MISSION ROAD NEWSLETTER – Monday, July 25, 2022
Here is the order of information:
I. This week
II. Coming soon
III. Congregation link
IV. Tithes & offering
II. THIS WEEK
· MONDAY the sewing group will meet at 6:30 at the Church.
· TUESDAY Taco Tuesday is back!! NEW TIME THIS WEEK: 11:45 AM. Please advise Kenne or Chris know if you are planning to join us at Salty Iguana this week.
· WEDNESDAY Prayer Circle at 7:00 pm on Zoom.
· SATURDAY Center of Hope donations will be collected this Saturday.
The Memorial Service for Jim Reichenbach will be held at the Johnson County Funeral Chapel, 11200 Metcalf Avenue, Overland Park, KS 66210 on Saturday, July 30, 2022, Visitation is from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. with the memorial service starting at 2:00 p.m.
· 8:30 a.m. – COFFEE & TREATS
· 9:15 a.m. – ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL. with the study of a new book: “A Way of Life: Understanding Our Christian Faith” by Anthony J. Chavala-Smith. We hope you will join us in person or on Zoom
· 9:30 a.m. – CHILDREN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL
· 10:30 a.m. – WORSHIP SERVICE – WORSHIP – “Be Rich Toward God” Nadine Bennetts (Worship Planner), Paul Bennetts (Presider & PowerPoint), John O’Neal (Speaker), John Trinkl, Susan Clark, Barbara Bernauer (assistants), Roxann and Kenne (Media Desk), Brian Libeer (Co-host)
III. COMING SOON
· ***NEW VISTING TEAM*** In an effort to expand our ministry, we are starting a Friendly Visiting Team. Each two-person team will visit those who want to share friendship outside of Sunday mornings. Please let Karen Birkby or Kenne Kuttler know if you would like to join the Friendly Visiting Team, if you have someone in mind who would like a visit, or if you want to be visited.
· SEWING GROUP will meet on Mondays August 8, and August 22.
· NEXT SUNDAY, August 7th, WORSHIP – “Where is Your Heart?” Worship Planner Roxann Kosmicki, Presider Brian Liber, Speaker Jennifer Libeer, Helpers: Julie Canterbury, Russ May, Communion Servers: John Parrish, Karen and Larry Birkby and Nadine Bennetts, PowerPoint by Brian Libeer, Keyboard by Sharon Wood, Special Music by Jane Landrum, Worship Center by Deacons
V. IMPORTANT CONGREGATIONAL LINKS AND CONTACTS
· Send Sunday’s Order of Worship and general church business to Roxann at rkmissionrd007
· Send prayer requests and other church business to Kenne at missionroadcc
· Send financial business to Mary Reichenbach at mrcoccfo
· Church Phone number is 913-890-3460. Calls are forwarded to Kenne via Google Voice
· All Good Books discussion group website at https://allbooksclub.wordpress.com/
· Social media sites: Visit and "like" each of these sites to keep updated on news
· Congregational (public) website at www.mission-road.org
· Facebook Page (public) at https://www.facebook.com/MissionRoad.CoC
VII. TITHES AND OFFERINGS
Mary Reichenbach, the Congregation’s Financial Officer suggests the following options to continue your regular contributions:
· Mail to the church at 7842 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS 66208
· Mail directly to Mary’s home
· Sign up for eTithing at https://www.cofchrist.org/etithing using these steps:
1. Select the United States link and then scroll down to Mission Road Community of Christ.
2. Click ’sign up’ in the upper right-hand corner to create your account or ’sign in’ if you have already set up your account.
3. Select one-time contribution or continuing contribution.
Contact Mary if you have additional questions about electronic contributions
Mission Road Congregation
7842 Mission Rd
Prairie Village, KS 66208
You must be logged in to post a comment.